Easy oven baked risotto recipe
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 2 tsp chicken stock powder
- 1 tin (410g) mushrooms sliced in butter sauce
- 2 tbsp butter
- 5 cups boiling water
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese,finely grated
- 2 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
Preheat the oven to 180°C.
In a casserole dish, place the rice, stock, mushrooms, butter and boiling water.
Stir to combine and bake for 30 minutes.
Stir through the parmesan cheese and parsley when removed from the oven and serve with an additional grating of parmesan over the top.
- I used tinned mushrooms in this recipe so it could be entirely from the pantry but you can also replace the tinned mushrooms with 3 cups of sliced fresh mushrooms.
- A really nice variation on this recipe is to stir through some spinach leaves and toasted pine nuts at the end if you have them.
Find more rice recipes:
This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.