No bake chocolate cheesecake recipe
- 1 pkt Chocolate/Plain biscuits (chocolate digestives)
- 60g butter, melted
- 250g cream cheese
- 40g caster sugar
- 120ml pouring cream
- 200g dark chocolate, melted and cooled
- 2 tbsp cocoa
- 2 tbsp boiling water
- Additional dark chocolate for decoration
Line a 20cm springform pan with baking paper.
Using a food processor, process the biscuits with the melted butter.
Press this mixture into the base of the pan. Using a flat bottom glass, smooth the surface so there is an even base. Place in the freezer.
Using an electric mixer, mix the cream cheese and sugar until smoothly combined.
Add the boiling water to the cocoa and mix. Set aside.
In a separate bowl mix the cream until soft peaks form and add the chocolate and cocoa mixture and mix until combined.
Add the cream cheese mixture to the chocolate mixture and fold together gently.
Pour this into the pan and smooth the top until even.
Place in freezer and remove 10 minutes before you want to use it.
Garnish with chocolate shavings.
- Use a sharp knife to slice this cheescake when frozen for nicely presented slices.
- You can crush the biscuits in a ziplock bag with a rolling pin and mix in the melted butter if you don't have a food processor.
- This cheesecake makes quite a thin slice of about 3cm thickness. If you want a larger cake, you can just double the cheescake ingredients to make a larger cake.
Find more chocolate recipes:
- Chocolate bark
- Choc-cherry fudge
- Chocolate bread
- Chocolate afghans
- Chocolate crackle egg baskets
- Chocolate mud cake
- Chocolate-iced teddy bear cake
- Double choc fudge brownies
- Easy chocolate brownies
- Marbled chocolates
- Rocky road
- Mars Bar slice
- Yummy chocolate brownies
- Rainbow cake
This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.