Pumpkin and oat cookies recipe
- 1 cup pumpkin, cooked and mashed
- 2 egg whites, beaten until frothy
- 1 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup raisins
Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper and set aside.
In a bowl add the flour, bicarbonate soda, nutmeg, cloves, cinnamon, oats and raisins. Mix well to combine.
In a separate bowl, using a spoon, mix the egg whites and pumpkin.
Pour the pumpkin mix into the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
Drop tablespoonfuls onto the tray with 3cm between each.
Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- You would never know these contain pumpkin when you taste them. They just taste like an oat and raisin cookie.
- If you want a flat disk shape cookie, you will need to flatten these with the bottom of a glass on the tray before baking.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.