Apricot bars recipe
- 3/4 cup Turkish dried apricots, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a slice tray with baking paper.
Pour boiling water over apricots and let them sit for 5 minutes and then drain, leaving to cool.
In a bowl combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt.
Mix in the butter and then the eggs and vanilla. When combined stir through the pecans and apricots.
Pour into tray and use a wet hand to spread mixture evenly in slice tray.
Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and slice into fingers while still warm.
- These are great for lunchboxes and as after school snacks.
- You can add other nuts if you don't have pecans. Walnuts would be a great switch.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.
Find biscuit and cookie recipes.
- 3 in 1 biscuits
- Anzac biscuits
- Double chocolate biscuits
- Coconut bran biscuits
- Funny face biscuits
- Jelly biscuits
- Jam drop biscuits
- Kiss biscuits
- Milo biscuits
- Muesli biscuits
- White chocolate and cranberry biscuits
- Yo-yo biscuits