Chicken noodle casserole recipe
Chicken noodle casserole is good old fashioned comfort food that the whole family will love. This creamy combination of egg noodles and chicken is simple and tasty. It has a great crunchy biscuit topping.
- 4 chicken breast fillets
- 375g egg pasta
- 1 carton (300ml) sour cream
- 1 tin (420g) condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 tin (420g) condensed cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups crumbled butter crackers (Ritz or Jatz)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
In a saucepan cover the chicken breasts with water and poach until cooked through.
Preheat the oven to 180°C.
Remove chicken and add more water. Bring to the boil and cook the egg pasta until cooked through.
Dice chicken breast and lay out in a small baking dish. Add the cooked noodles.
In a bowl, combine the sour cream, mushroom soup and chicken soup. Pour over the chicken and noodles and toss to coat.
Crush the biscuits in a resealable bag, place in a bowl and stir melted butter through. Sprinkle over the top and bake for 30 minutes until the biscuits are crunchy.
- This pasta bake bake is delicious served with a green salad.
- Using the water from the chicken adds extra flavour to the dish.
- I thought that the condensed soup would make the dish very salty but it still needed seasoning at the end of cooking.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.
Related chicken recipes:
- Amazing roast chicken
- Apricot chicken with parsley
- Asian chicken noodles
- Caramelized apple and cheese-stuffed chicken breasts
- Chicken fried rice
- Cheat's chicken biryani
- Chicken and cheese pasta bake
- Chicken and pumpkin risotto
- Chicken and sugar snap stir fry
- Chicken and vegetable pie
- Chicken bacon and mushroom fettucine
- Chicken balls
- Chicken risotto
- Chicken satay skewers
- Crispy chicken thighs with rosemary and potatoes
- Easy chicken casserole
- Easy Chinese lemon chicken