Healthy apple crumble recipe
This healthy apple crumble is a delicious way to have a dessert without the guilt. Make it for the whole family.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 1 cup bran flakes
- 2 apples, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp Smart sugar or 4 tbsp regular sugar
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup raisins
In a bowl, place the rolled oats and pour over the milk. Leave to soak for 20 minutes.
Add the bran flakes and raisins and leave to soak for a further 10 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 180 C. Placed sliced apples into the baking dish.
Add the walnuts, sugar, apple juice and cinnamon to the oats mixture.
Pour over the apples and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve this with some low-fat yoghurt if you are being good or some low-fat ice cream. I tried to poke the raisins down into the mixture as they burn when on top.
- I used Sultana Bran in this recipe in place of bran flakes and I just considered the sultanas as a bonus.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.