Healthy roast vegetables recipe
- potatoes, peeled and halved
- butternut pumpkin, peeled and cut
- orange sweet potato, peeled and cut
- carrots, peeled
- canola spray
Preheat oven to 180°C. Spray baking dish with canola spray.
Place vegetables into the baking tray. Spray liberally with canola spray and toss. Spray again.
Lay thyme sprigs over the top.
Cover baking dish tightly with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
Uncover and place back in the oven for another 20 mins or until vegetables are lightly golden.
- I haven't specified amounts for this recipe as it depends on how many people you are serving.
- I usually allocate 2 pieces of each vegetable per person.
- If I am making gravy I will usually halve a head of garlic and add this to the baking tray so I can use it in the gravy.
- Make sure you cut all pieces about the same size so they take the same length of time to cook.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.