Garden party cheesecake cupcakes recipe
- 250g cream cheese
- 75ml cream
- 75g sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 egg
- 150ml extra cream for whipping as decoration
- Fondant flower decorations (12 or 24 depending on the size you make your cupcakes)
- Cupcake cases
Preheat your oven to 160°C.
In a small bowl mix together the cream cheese, cream, sugar and vanilla essence. When they are combined and the mix is smooth add your egg.
Spoon the mix into your cupcake cases to 3/4 level (they are best baked in a cupcake tin to help keep their shape).
Place in oven and bake for approximately 20 mins or when the mix springs back when you gently press down.
Remove from the oven and cool completely before turning out your cupcakes (cooling them in the fridge is a quick way).
Whip up extra cream until stiff peaks form, spoon onto the cooled cupcakes and top with a fondant flower decoration.
- This recipe uses a cheesecake base recipe to keep the cupcakes gluten free.
- These ingredients makee 24 mini cupcakes or 12 large cupcakes.
- You can substitute the base recipe with a plain cupcake recipe and if you don’t want to use cream, a mix of icing sugar and water works just fine.
- This recipe was created by Sonia Anthony from Chef Sonia & You for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.