Healthy roast chicken recipe
- 1x free-range chicken (approximately 1.7kg)
- 1 quantity of sage and lemon stuffing
- All purpose seasoning
- 1 tbsp flour
- Canola spray
Preheat oven to 180°C.
Fill the chicken with the stuffing.
Spray chicken with canola spray and sprinkle with all-purpose seasoning.
Place inside an oven bag and add the flour to the bag.
Seal the bag and shake and rotate it to coat the chicken in the flour.
Place on a baking tray and pierce 2-3 small holes on top near the tie.
Cook for 22 minutes per 500g of chicken, which is about 1 hour and 15 minutes for this chicken.
- Cooking chicken in a bag keeps it moist and uses the chicken's own juices.
- A good way to test if a chicken is done is to pierce the thickest part of the thigh with a skewer to see if the juices are clear which means it is cooked.
- You can use any stuffing you like with this recipe.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.