Apple and cinnamon pancakes recipe
These yummy apple and cinnamon pancakes are a little untraditional but oh so delicious. Fresh slices of Gala apple set into the batter and fried until golden give them a lovely texture to compliment the hint of cinnamon in the pancake batter.
- 1 cup wholemeal self-raising flour
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 apple, peeled and sliced thinly
In a bowl, mix the flour, egg, sugar, cinnamon and milk.
Heat frying pan and brush with some butter. Pour in enough batter to make a 10 cm pancake.
Quickly arrange apple slices on the top of the uncooked batter and brush the top with a little more butter. When the underside is golden flip the pancakes taking care not to dislodge the apple slices.
- Some people like to add apple puree to the batter but I prefer just the fresh apples.
- If you spray your spatula with a little canola oil, the apples will slide off easily without looking messy.
- I used new season Gala apples for these pancakes.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.