Coco pop slice recipe
This delicious Coco pop slice is nutty and crunchy and is held together with buttery dark chocolate. Decorate it brightly and you will have a real winner in the kids eyes.
- 1 pkt shredded wheat biscuits, crushed
- 2 cups coco pops
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 200g butter
- 250g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 2 tbsp rainbow chocolate chips
Line a slice tin with baking paper and set aside.
In a bowl place, the biscuits, coco pops, coconut and walnuts and stir to combine.
In a glass bowl, place the butter and golden syrup and heat in the microwave until melted for about 1-2 mins. Stir in dark chocolate and keep stirring until chocolate is entirely melted.
Pour the chocolate mixture into the dry mixture and stir until totally combined. Press into the slice tin and press down with the back of a metal spoon.
Sprinkle rainbow chocolate chips over the top and press in with the spoon.
Refrigerate for one hour and cut into bars.
- This is a great recipe to make at home with the kids as long as the grown-ups handle the hot butter and chocolate mixture part.
- You can add your favourite nuts to this recipe. I think it would taste good with almonds or pecans as well.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.