Chicken sausage rolls recipe
- 500g chicken breast mince
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely grated
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 zucchini, finely grated
- 2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper
- 3 sheets ready rolled frozen puff pastry
- 1 egg, lightly beated
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup sesame seeds
Preheat oven to 190°C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper and set aside.
Lay pastry sheets out to defrost.
Place the chicken mince, onion, carrot, zucchini and breadcrumbs, garlic, salt and pepper into a food processor and process until fully combined.
Cut pastry sheets in half and evenly distribute the chicken mix between the 6 pieces.
Mix the egg with the milk. Roll the chicken mix in the pastry and use the egg/ milk wash to seal.
Cut each log into 3 for large sausage rolls or 6 for party sausage rolls. Lay onto baking trays and brush eggwash over the tops and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Be careful to use breast mince with these, otherwise the extra fat causes them to have soggy bottoms.
- You can mix this by hand if you don't have a food processor. Just make sure that the zucchini has the moisture squeezed out of it before you add it.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.