My Little Pony cupcakes recipe
- 2 pkts Betty Crocker Devil's food cake
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 250g butter (soft)
- 8 cups icing mixture
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup milk
- green food colouring
- rose pink food colouring
- 24 bought icing flower decorations
- Fairy Dust My Little Pony figures
Preheat oven to 180°C and line cupcake trays with patty pans. ( This recipe makes 30 cupcakes).
Prepare cupcake batter as instructed on the packet and using a cup measure to fill each patty pan with 1/4 cup measures of cake batter.
Bake for 25 minutes and leave to cool on a wire rack.
Using a mixer, whip the butter until it is pale and fluffy and gradually beat in the icing mixture 1/2 a cup at a time. When it is all combined, add the vanilla extract and then beat in the milk.
Divide this mixture into 3 portions. Tint one portion with rose pink food colouring, one portion with the green food colouring and leave one untinted.
Using a fluted piping bag, pipe the pink icing on 11 cupcakes. Pipe the white icing on 10 cupcakes and pipe the green icing on 9 cupcakes.Place the flower decoration on the 21 pink and white cupcakes and place on a cupcake stand.
Arrange the green cupcakes on the top of the stand and decorate using remaining flowers. Pick the tiny flowers out of the Fairy Dust and sprinkle those on the green cupcakes along with a little of the rest of the Fairy Dust. Arrange figurines on the top of each green cupcake.
- I love that this recipe makes 30 big cupcakes. I find that 24 is never enough.
- This is great for dessert at a birthday party. I like the icing to be generously swirled on.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.