Lamb and bean casserole recipe
- 1kg potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 kg lamb chump chops
- 2 onions, peeled and sliced thinly
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 head of garlic cloves, peeled and halved
- 500g beans, ends trimmed
- 2 tins (400g) diced tomatoes
- 1 tin water
- salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 180°C.
Layer the ingredients in the following order giving them a good grind of salt and pepper between each layer. Potatoes, meat, onions, oregano, garlic, beans, tomatoes and water.
Cover with a tight lid or a few good layers of foil to seal.
Bake for 2 hours.
- This casserole is full of delicious Greek style flavours and when served is a real meal in a dish.
- The salt and pepper between each layer is essential.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealands best recipe finder.