Macadamia Anzac biscuits recipe
- 3/4 cup plain flour
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup dessicated coconut
- 100g macamdamia nuts, chopped
- 125g butter
- 4 tbsp golden syrup
- 1 tsp baking soda (bicarbonate soda)
- 2 tbsp boiling water
Preheat oven to 180°C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper and set aside.
In a bowl combine the oats, sugar, flour and coconut.
In a small saucepan heat the golden syrup and butter. Add the boiling water to the baking soda and dissolve.
Pour dissolved baking soda into the golden syrup and mix. It will foam up and as it does, pour into the oat mix. Stir to combine and mix in macadamias.
Roll into small balls and place 3 cm apart on the baking trays. Flatten slightly with the back of a spoon.
Bake for 15-20 minutes until slightly golden. Transfer to a rack and leave to cool.
- These anzacs are quite pale in comparison to the traditional anzac biscuits that are made with brown sugar.
- You can toast these nuts if you want a really crunchy end product.
Find related biscuit and cookie recipes.
This recipe was created Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.