Pantry tuna pasta recipe
- 1 pkt elbow pasta cooked al dente
- 1 large tin tuna in springwater, drained
- 1 onion diced
- 2 sticks celery, chopped
- 1 tsp butter
- 3 tbsp plain flour
- 1 tin corn kernals
- 60g butter
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tsp chicken stock powder
Heat 1 teaspoon of butter in a frying pan and cook the onion and celery until translucent. Remove from pan and set aside.
Heat the 60g of butter in the frying pan and add the flour. Cook until it starts to brown and then whisk in milk and stock powder. Whisk until smooth.
Add to the sauce the tuna, celery and onion, corn and pasta. Mix until all the ingredients are throroughly coated in the sauce.
- This is basic creamy sauce that you can add some garlic, cheese or grainy mustard to for extra flavour.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.