Strawberry tarts recipe
- 1 pkt frozen sweet tart cases, cooked as per instructions
- 200g dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 250g marscapone cheese
- 1 punnet strawberries
- 1/2 cup strawberry jam
After baking sweet tart cases leave to cool.
Place dark chocolate in a microwave safe dish and heat for 20 second intervals until melted.
Spoon a little chocolate into each case and smooth to cover the base.
Refrigerate until chocolate is set.
Spoon a dollop of marscapone into each case and top with half of a strawberry.
Warm the jam in the microwave for 1 minute and brush it onto the strawberries only.
- The dark chocolate seals the base of the tart case so that you can refrigerate these and they don't get soggy before serving.
- Some people like to sweeten marscapone cheese but this recipe is very sweet without doing that.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.