Toasted muesli recipe
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup dessicated coconut
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 1/2 cup sultanas
Preheat oven to 180°C. Cover 2 baking trays with baking paper and set aside.
In a small saucepan, add honey and canola oil. Bring to the boil and simmer for 3 minutes.
In a large bowl combine all the oats, seeds, nuts and coconut. Pour the honey and oil mixture in and stir to coat.
Pour onto the lined trays and bake for 15 minutes. Stir every 3-4 minutes.
Allow to cool after toasting and stir through apricots. and sultanas.
- I like to serve this with home made Greek yoghurt for breakfast. You can add or take away any of the ingredients that you like. Just use what you have on hand.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.