Apple pancakes recipe
- 1 cup wholemeal self-raising flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 green apple, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp butter
In a mixing bowl combine the flour, sugar, egg, vanilla and milk.
Heat a frying pan and add a little of the butter. Pour 3/4 cup of batter into the pan and arrange apples in a circle on top of the batter.
Brush the apples with a little of the melted butter in the pan and sprinkle with cinnamon.
Carefully turn making sure not to dislodge the apples and cook on the other side.
- I serve these with maple syrup but they are fine on their own.
- I often serve these with ice-cream for dessert.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.