Home made Nutella recipe
This is a make at home version of that much loved chocolatey hazelnut spread. Find more on Kidspot, New Zealand's recipe finder.
- 2 cups (250g) roasted hazelnuts with no skins
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1/4 cup almond or vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
In a food processor, process the hazelnuts until they turn to powder and then liquify.
Add the sugar, cocoa and vanilla to the bowl.
Slowly drizzle in the oil with the food processor running until you have a smooth consistency.
- The natural oils in the nuts activates to make hazelnut butter in this recipe.
- Make sure that you only add the oil half a teaspoon at a time and you stop the food processor to check the consistency.
- You can use this to fill yummy cupcakes or just spread it on fresh bread or brioche.
- Your end product may be a little grainy. No matter how much I processed this I couldn't make it entirely smooth.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.