Pesto and cheese scrolls recipe
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 2 cups greek style yoghurt
- 1 jar (190g) basil pesto
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese
- Extra flour for kneading
Preheat oven to 190°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper and set aside.
In a large bowl, combine the yoghurt and self raising flour and mix until a ball forms.
Turn out onto a floured bench and knead for 5 minutes. Add extra flour if the dough is too sticky.
Roll out into a large rectangle of even thickness using a rolling pin.
Spread pesto evenly over the entire dough surface.
Sprinkle 2 cups of cheese all over the pesto.
Roll the short side to the short side and slice 2cm pieces off and place on tray.
Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
Bake for 20-25 mins until golden.
- These are a great after school snack and yummy to take on picnics.
- These are just like the store bought version only much cheaper.
- I used a home brand basil pesto for this recipe.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.
Find more snack ideas
- Avocado salsa dip with corn chips
- Baguette with chocolate hazelnut spread
- Cake in a mug
- Cereal balls
- Cheesecake in a mug
- Grilled pizza delight
- Potato chips
- Spiced jaffa hot chocolate