Quick chicken casserole recipe
This quick chicken casserole is so tasty and simple that you will make it a regular on your family menu plan.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1kg chicken breast, cut into large pieces
- 2 x 425 condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 500g chunky frozen vegetables
- 1 tbsp thyme dried or fresh
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
Preheat oven to 200°C.
In a frying pan, heat the olive oil and fry the chicken until it is slightly browned on the edges.
Add the stock and soup with the thyme and mix.
Stir in the frozen vegetables. Bring to the boil and pour into a casserole dish.
Bake for 45 minutes. Sprinkle with chopped parsley to garnish.
- I have added the whole bag (1kg) of chunky frozen vegetables with an extra cup of stock to this recipe and it still works out well.
- If you have some bacon you can fry it with the chicken.
- The thyme is a the perfect accompaniment to this chicken.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.
Find more chicken recipes:
- Amazing roast chicken
- Apricot chicken with parsley
- Asian chicken noodles
- Caramelized apple and cheese-stuffed chicken breasts
- Chicken fried rice
- Cheat's chicken biryani
- Chicken and cheese pasta bake
- Chicken and pumpkin risotto
- Chicken and sugar snap stir fry
- Chicken and vegetable pie
- Chicken bacon and mushroom fettucine
- Chicken balls
- Chicken risotto
- Chicken satay skewers
- Crispy chicken thighs with rosemary and potatoes
- Easy chicken casserole
- Easy Chinese lemon chicken