Tuna and cannellini bean salad recipe
This tuna and cannellini bean salad is a perfect pantry meal. Mix it all together for a flavoursome lunch. Find more on Kidspot, New Zealand's recipe finder.
- 1 tin (400g) cannellini beans, drained
- 1 tin (425g) tuna in olive oil (do not drain)
- 1 red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 sticks celery, thinly sliced diagonally
- 2 Lebanese cucumber, deseeded and sliced
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 2 tbsp oregano, chopped or 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
In a large bowl, place all of the ingredients and toss gently to combine.
- This is one of my favourite salads and it's perfect for those weeks where you need to grab something from the pantry.
- I like to let this sit for an hour so all of the flavours amalgamate.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.