Chicken parmigiana recipe
- 6 chicken breast schnitzels
- 1 large jar tomato based pasta sauce
- 6 slices of ham (optional)
- 3 cups pizza cheese
Preheat the oven to 180°C. Cover a baking tray with baking paper.
Lay chicken schnitzels on the tray and place ham slices on top. Spoon over tomato sauce. Top with pizza cheese.
Bake in the oven for 15-18 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden on top.
- Serve with a garden salad and chips for a pub-style dinner.
- I often make a large batch of chicken schnitzel and use the recipe through the week for convenience sake.
- Pizza cheese is a store-bought combination of tasty cheese and mozzarella cheese grated together. It is a really convenient product that combines the flavour of tasty cheese with the melting qualities of mozzarella.
- I used a jar of tomato pasta sauce for this recipe but if you prefer to make your own you can find the link above.
- I have included ham in this recipe as optional. It is really up to your preferences.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.
Find more chicken recipes:
- Amazing roast chicken
- Apricot chicken with parsley
- Asian chicken noodles
- Caramelized apple and cheese-stuffed chicken breasts
- Chicken fried rice
- Cheat's chicken biryani
- Chicken and cheese pasta bake
- Chicken and pumpkin risotto
- Chicken and sugar snap stir fry
- Chicken and vegetable pie
- Chicken bacon and mushroom fettucine
- Chicken balls
- Chicken risotto
- Chicken satay skewers
- Crispy chicken thighs with rosemary and potatoes
- Easy chicken casserole
- Easy Chinese lemon chicken