Lemon curd tarts recipe
- 1 pkt frozen sweet tart cases (12)
- 200g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 2 cups lemon butter or curd
- lemon rind to garnish
Bake tart cases as per packet directions and leave cool on a wire rack.
Place chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and heat for 30 second intervals in the microwave, taking care to stir well. Spoon one teaspoon of dark chocolate into each tart case and spread to coat the inside of the tart case. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to set.
Spoon lemon curd into the tart cases and decorate with a knot of lemon rind.
- I don't hesitate to keep a box of sweet tart cases in my freezer just for this recipe.
- You can drizzle chocolate on top to garnish if you have some left over.
- I used a jar of ready-made lemon butter for this recipe. You can make your own of just buy a jar to fill these tarts.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.