Roasted garlic, pumpkin and potato mash recipe
- 1 head garlic
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 3 cups butternut pumpkin, peeled and diced
- 3 cups potato, peeled and diced
Preheat the oven to 180°C. Cut the top off the garlic head and drizzle with a little olive oil. Roast in the oven for 20 minutes and remove and leave to cool.
Place the potatoes and pumpkin in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil and simmer until tender and drain.
Squeeze the garlic into the saucepan and mash until smooth. Serve with generous sprinkling of salt and pepper.
- This dish will only take 20 minutes to cook and it is a great dish to liven up a roast.
- You can make this recipe ahead of the time and reheat it when your guests arrive.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.