Slow cooker bolognese sauce recipe
- 1kg beef mince
- 2 brown onions, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 cup tomato paste
- 2 tbsp chicken stock powder
- 1 tin (425g) tomato soup
- 1 tin diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cups water
In a frying pan, add the olive oil and heat. Brown the mince and add the onions and garlic. Cook for a further 2 minutes.
Mix the tomato paste into the mince and cook for 2 minutes.
Pour all of the mince mixture into the slow cooker and add the rest of the ingredients and stir.
Cook on low for 6 hours or high for 3 hours.
- Do not ever skip browning the mince in this recipe. I have tried it and it is NOT good.
- If I have time I like to grate a little carrot and add some finely chopped mushrooms into the recipe.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.