Spaghetti puttanesca recipe
- 500g spagetti, cooked al dente
- 50g butter
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 6 anchovy fillets, mashed
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 200g black olives, pitted and chopped
- 1 tbsp capers, washed and chopped
- 1 large chilli, chopped
- 1 tin crushed tomatoes
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper
In a frying pan, heat the butter and oil and add the garlic and anchovy paste.
Before the garlic burns add olives, capers, tomatoes and chilli.
Season with salt and pepper and heat through. Pour the pasta into the pan and add the parsley.
Mix well and serve hot.
- This traditional pasta sauce can be served with any type of pasta that you have on hand.
- Add the chilli to your taste.
- You can add some prawns or mussels to this sauce for something different.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.