Cafe-style banana bread recipe
- oil spray
- 2 cup plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 6 tbsp Canola Spread
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup artificial sweetener powder
- 1 tsp vanilla bean extract
- 2 small eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 small ripe banana, well mashed
- 1/2 cup extra light sour cream
Preheat oven to 180°C. Spray a standard 11cm x 26cm deep loaf tin with oil. Line base with a piece of baking paper and set aside.
Sift flour, baking powder and cinnamon together in a bowl and set aside.
Beat spread, sugar, sweetener and vanilla essence in a separate bowl using electric beaters until light and creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, ensuring each egg is beaten well before adding the next. Fold through flour, bananas and sour cream, making sure not to over-beat mixture.
Spoon mixture into prepared tin, smoothing surface with a spatula. Bake in pre-heated oven for approximately 1 hour, or until golden brown and cooked through when tested with a cake skewer.
- This banana bread can be stored in an airtight container for 3-4 days. It is also suitable to freeze for up to 3 months.
- We suggest slicing the loaf before freezing for best portion control and freshness.
This recipe was created by Weight Watchers for Kidspot.