Baked potato with mince recipe
- 4 medium potatoes, raw
- 250 g lean beef mince
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove fresh garlic, crushed
- 100 g fresh mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 individual vegetable stock cube, dissolved in 100ml water
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 cup watercress
- 150 g fresh cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 4 tbsp low-fat cottage cheese
Preheat oven to 200°C. Bake the potatoes whole in their skins for 1 hour, or until soft.
Meanwhile, heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add mince a handful at a time, so that it sears and browns. Add onion and garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add mushrooms, stock and tomato puree and stir well. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes, or until thick. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
To serve, split the baked potatoes in half and share the filling between them. Top with watercress, cherry tomatoes and cottage cheese.
- The mince filling can be made several days in advance and stored in an airtight container in the fridge. The cooked mince is also suitable to freeze for up to 3 months
- This recipe was created by Weight Watchers for Kidspot.