High-fibre mini choc chip muffins recipe
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup rice bran oil
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 3⁄4 cup wholemeal self-raising flour
- 1⁄4 cup dessicated coconut
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup chopped 70% dark chocolate
Whisk egg, oil and honey together gently until honey is dissolved into the mixture.
Stir in wholemeal flour, coconut and milk, then add the chopped chocolate.
Grease a mini muffin tin lightly with oil, and then fill each case three-quarters full of the muffin mixture.
Bake in the over for 15 minutes or until risen and golden.
- The extra fibre makes this a satisfying but light snack.
- This recipe is sugar free, and contains no white flour or butter so it great for certain allergies.
- This recipe was created by Emily Rose, author of 'Have Your Cake' for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.