Pineapple fritters recipe
- 6 tinned pineapple slices
- 1 cup plain flour (for batter)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/4 cups cold water
- Vegetable oil for deep frying
- 1/2 cup plain flour (for dusting)
Sift flour and baking powder into a bowl and whisk in water until batter is lump free.
Leave to stand for 10 minutes.
Drain pineapple and dust in plain flour.
Using a fork, dip them in batter to coat and use a 2nd fork to drop them into the hot oil. Fry until golden brown. (2-3 minutes)
Drain on paper towel and dust with a little icing sugar.
Serve with maple syrup and ice-cream.
- This is such a simple recipe and turns out delicious.
- Don't forget to let the batter stand. It gives the baking powder time to do its thing.
- Be careful when they come out of the fryer. The fritters will be very hot! These are delicious slices of tinned pineapple dipped in a sweet batter and fried until golden.
Related dessert recipes
- Apple and rhubarb crumble
- Apple and blackberry crumble
- Apple crumble
- Bread and butter pudding
- Butterscotch self saucing pudding
- Blueberry buckle cake recipe
- Chocolate fudge pudding
- Chocolate self-saucing pudding
- Easy pear cobbler
- Lemon delicious pudding
This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.