New York cheesecake recipe
- 2 x 250g pkts plain biscuits
- 250g unsalted butter, melted
- 750g cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tsp lemon rind, finely grated
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 4 eggs
- 300ml sour cream (full fat)
- fruit to decorate
In a food processor, place the biscuits and melted butter and process until fine in texture.
Line a 23cm springform round tin with baking paper and press the biscuit mixture over the base and around the sides of the pan. Press firmly with a straight sides glass to compact.
Place into the refrigerator for 30 minutes to chill and firm the base.
Preheat the oven to 180°C.
Using a mixer, whip the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and lemon rind until thoroughly combined.
Add the eggs, one at a time mixing in thoroughly each time. Add the flour and mix in.
Stir through the sour cream.
Pour mixture into the biscuit base and cook in the oven for 1 and 1/4 hours or until the centre is just set. Turn the oven off and leave the door ajar with a wooden spoon. Leaving the cake to cool in the oven for around 2 hours.
Top with your favourite fruit and refrigerate to chill.
- I like my cheesecake very citrusy so there is a good dose of lemon rind in this cake.
- Leaving it to cool with the oven door ajar is said to ensure it doesn't crack.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.