Cherry crumble recipe
- 700g canned or bottled cherries, drained
- 100g butter, cubed
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
Preheat oven to 200°C. Butter a small baking dish and set aside.
In a small bowl, combine the flour, oats and brown sugar.
Rub the butter through the mix with your fingertips until it resembles crumbs.
Spoon the cherries into the dish. Sprinkle the crumble mixture over the top.
Bake for 25 minutes or until golden.
- I went to buy a tin of cherries for this recipe but then found a jar that was double the weight for a few cents more. You can always use frozen cherries as well. Just give your crumble a few minutes more in the oven.
- For special occasions I like to add a 1/4 cup of almond flakes to the crumble mix.
Related hot dessert recipes
- Apple and rhubarb crumble
- Apple and blackberry crumble
- Apple crumble
- Bread and butter pudding
- Butterscotch self saucing pudding
- Blueberry buckle cake recipe
- Chocolate fudge pudding
- Chocolate self-saucing pudding
- Easy pear cobbler
- Lemon delicious pudding
This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.