Dog biscuits recipe
20 large bones or 40 small ones
- 2 cups wholemeal flour
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 2/3 cup semolina or cornmeal
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1tbsp powdered beef stock
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- Flour extra, canola spray
Preheat oven to 200°C.
Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl.
Mix with a spoon until it becomes a dough – you may need to add a little more flour/semolina to make into pliable dough.
Roll out onto a floured surface and cut into shapes with a knife or cookie cutter.
Place on baking trays sprayed with canola oil. When the biscuits are laid out, spray canola oil across the top of each.
Bake in oven for 10-15 minutes. Cool on bench/wire rack.
Store in an airtight container for one week or in the freezer for two months.
- This recipe is so easy that I am now wondering why I have been wasting money at the pet shop and supermarket?
- This is a great recipe to make with the kids – after all, your dog won’t care in the least how many little hands have gone into the dough before it’s baked!
- This recipe was created by Melissa Klemke for Kidspot, New Zealand’s best recipe finder.