Chocolate chip slice recipe
- 350g butter, soft
- 4 cups plain flour
- 2 tsp bicarbonate soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 340g chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a very large baking tray with baking paper and set aside.
Using a mixer, cream the butter and sugars until light and creamy.
Add in the eggs and vanilla and mix until well combined.
Pour the flour in and mix until just combined.
Work the chocolate chips into the dough with your hand.
Push into tray and cook for 40-45 mins.
Cool on a wire rack and use a serated knife to cut into squares or bars.
- This is a mega slice! I had to use my large baking dish to make this recipe.
- This is a giant slab of chocolate chip cookie. Towards the end it got a bit much for my mixer so I took it out and used my hand to mix it.
- When you push it into the tray you can lay a sheet of baking paper over it and use your hand to push it flat into the tray.
Related slice recipes:
- Anzac slice
- Apple and sour cream slice
- Banana slice
- Caramel slice
- Cherry ripe slice
- Chocolate coconut slice
- Chocolate peppermint slice
- Coconut jam slice
- Too-easy lemon slice
This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.