Pressure cooker beef stroganoff recipe
This pressure cooker beef stroganoff is packed full of beef, mushrooms and flavour. It is fast and will become a family favourite with the cook and the kids!
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp plain flour
- salt and pepper
- 1kg round steak, sliced into strips
- 500g button mushrooms
- 3 large brown onions, sliced
- 1 cup tomato paste
- 1 tbsp sweet paprika
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cups beef stock
- 300ml sour cream
In a resealable bag, place the beef strip with the flour and salt and pepper and shake to coat.
Heat the oil in the pressure cooker base and fry the beef in 4 batches and set aside.
In the same pot, cook the onions and garlic for 2 mins and then add the tomato paste and paprika. Fry for 2 mins and then add the Worcestershire sauce, beef stock and mushrooms.
Return the beef to the pot and stir well. Bring to the boil and place the lid on the pressure cooker.
Bring it to pressure and then reduce the heat to hold that pressure. Cook for 20 minutes.
Release pressure and stir in sour cream. Season to taste.
- Traditionally you serve this with egg noodles but you can also serve it on a bed of mash or rice.
- Sealing the meat adds loads of flavour to this dish so never skip that step.
- There is a lot of sour cream in this recipe. You can use light sour cream or even halve the amount but I have opted for the luxurious version for this dish.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot.