Cauliflower, bacon and cabbage soup recipe
- 2 tbsp butter
- 6 rashers bacon, trimmed and diced
- 1 leek, halved, rinsed and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1 1/2 L chicken stock
- salt and pepper
- 2 shallots(spring onions), sliced
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- sour cream to serve
In a large saucepan, heat the butter and cook the bacon, leek garlic until soft.
Add the stock, cabbage and cauliflower. Bring to the boil and simmer for 20 minutes.
Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Serve with a shake of sweet paprika, a tbsp of shallots and dollop of sour cream.
- This soup is really fast to make and I was surprised by the lovely flavours that the garnishes bought. Do not leave them out.
- If the soup seems to be running out of liquid, just add some more water as you go.
- This recipe was created by Mummyto5 and was tested by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.
Find related soup recipes
- Curried lentil soup
- Curtis Stone's chorizo and chick pea soup
- Katie's chicken soup recipe
- Pick-me-up spicy lentil soup
- Pumpkin and cumin soup recipe
- Pumpkin soup
- Red lentil and pumpkin soup recipe