Mince stroganoff recipe
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 500g beef mince
- 2 onion, peeled and sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 1 tbsp sweet paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 400g mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups beef stock
- 300ml sour cream
In a frying pan, heat the oil and brown the beef mince.
Add the onions, mushrooms and garlic to the pan and fry for 5 minutes or until the onions are translucent.
Add the tomato paste and paprika and cook off for 2 minutes.
Whisk in the beef stock and season with the salt and pepper.
Simmer for 5 minutes.
Stir sour cream in just before serving.
- The very best thing about this dish is that it tastes exactly the same as regular beef stroganoff but it is REALLY fast.
- This stroganoff is very nice served over egg noodles or white rice.
- You can stir some parsley through at the end for a bit of colour.
- Beef and glass noodle stirfry
- French omelette
- Easy lamb koftas
- Fettucine alfredo
- Spaghetti with tuna and tomatoes
- Chicken and sweet corn soup
- Chicken wraps
- Steak sandwich
- Gnocchi with tomato and basil
- Penne with ricotta, spinach and cherry tomatoes
Related fast dinners recipes
This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand''s best recipe finder.