Jam tarts recipe
- 275g flour
- 130g unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 50ml iced water
- 1 cup of your favourite jam
In a bowl, mix the flour and sugar and rub the butter through the mix lightly with your fingertips until it looks like fine breadcrumbs.
Add the water and mix it through. Shape the dough into a disk and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 180°C. Spray a muffin tin with canola spray and set aside.
On a lightly floured bench, roll the dough until it measures a few millimetres thick. Use a cutter to cut rounds and push them into the base of the muffin tin.
Spoon one teaspoon of jam into the base of each tart case. Bake for 15 - 25 minutes or until golden.
- You can use the food processor to make this recipe easier. Just cube the butter and process it with the flour until it is full combined and them drizzle the cold water in with the motor running. Proceed as directed.
- You REALLY need to leave these to cool for 10 minutes after you remove them from the oven or that jam will scald you.
- You can use any type of jam you like. If these are for a special occasion you can make a combination of raspberry, blackberry and lemon curd tarts.
Find more biscuit and cookie recipes.
- 3 in 1 biscuits
- Anzac biscuits
- Double chocolate biscuits
- Coconut bran biscuits
- Funny face biscuits
- Jelly biscuits
- Jam drop biscuits
- Kiss biscuits
- Milo biscuits
- Muesli biscuits
- White chocolate and cranberry biscuits
- Yo-yo biscuits
This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.