Zingy breakfast juice recipe
- 1 grapefruit
- 2 oranges
- 1 mango cheek
- 1 passionfruit (optional)
Juice the grapefruit and the oranges.
Pour the combined juice into a blender and add the mango cheek. Blend until combined.
Pour into a glass and spoon in the flesh of the passionfruit, if using. Stir and drink.
- It is worth the little bit of extra work to include the mango - it gives the juice a slightly thinker consistency that is lovely!
- The grapefruit juice cuts through the sweetness of the orange juice. I love the sharpness and sometimes use lemon juice when grapefruits are out of season, but if you're not a big fan of sharp flavours, you could just juice an extra orange instead.
- You can buy frozen mango cheeks at the supermarket if you can't buy fresh mangos.
- Banana and honey porridge
- Basic pancakes
- Big breakfast
- Bull's eye egg
- Fluffy cheese omelette
- Golden brunch puffs
- Home made yoghurt
- Lemon butter
Find more breakfast recipes
This recipe was created by Ella Walsh for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.