Bacon and tomato pasta bake recipe
This cheesey tomato and bacon pasta bake is a really economical tummy filler and tasty as well. You can have this on the table for under $10.
- 500g penne pasta, cooked al dente
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 6 slices shortcut bacon, diced
- 2 cup tasty cheese, grated
- 300ml sour cream
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 6 shallots, sliced
- 3 cups pre-packages pizza cheese (grated)
Preheat the oven to 180°C.
Combine all ingredients except for the pizza cheese in a bowl and toss to coat well.
Pour into a large baking dish and top with pizza cheese.
Bake for 40 minutes.
- Check this halfway through the cooking time to make sure your cheese isn't going to burn. You can cover it loosely with foil if this is a problem.
- If you are a garlic lover you can add 1-2 cloves of crushed garlic to the mix for flavour.
- If I don't have fresh tomatoes I just use a tin of diced tomatoes instead. This makes this dish a great pantry meal.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.