Pear and berry crumble recipe
- 1 tin (800g) pears, drained and sliced
- 2 cups mixed berries, frozen
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup dessicated coconut
- 1/2 cup almond flakes
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds (pepitas)
- 3 tbsp light olive oil
- 3 tbsp honey
Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a small baking dish with butter and set aside.
Place pears and mixed berries into the baking dish.
In a medium belowl place the rolled oats, coconut, almond flakes, sunflower seeds, olive oil and honey. Stir carefully to coat all ingredients. If the honey is too thick, place in the microwave for 30 seconds to melt honey.
Pour rolled oats mixture on top of the fruit and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Check halfway through the cooking time to ensure that the almonds are not burning on top of the crumble. Cover with foil if they are.
- This crumble is great served with Greek style plain yoghurt instead of the obvious custard and ice-cream. The honey gives it enough sweetness to balance the flavours.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.