Cheese and bacon scones recipe
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp butter
- 4 slices shortcut bacon, diced
- 1 cup tasty cheese, grated
Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper and set aside.
In a bowl, sift the flour and add the salt and sugar.
Rub the butter into the flour using your fingertips. Add the bacon and cheese and combine.
Using a blunt knife, stir in the milk until you have made a dough.
Lightly knead the dough on a floured surface. Pat dough out to 2cm thick.
Cut out using a scone cutter that has been dipped in flour and place, touching together on the baking tray.
Brush a little milk on the tops.
Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Depending on your dough you may need a little more milk.
- These scones are perfect served with a nice soup or great just to pop into a lunch box.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.