Express curry lentil soup recipe
- 1 brown onion, finely diced
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 400g tin brown lentils
- 400g tin diced tomato
- 2 cups frozen diced vegetables
- 1 tblsp balti paste
In a large saucepan, heat oil in saucepan and add diced onions, stir over medium heat until onions become transparent.
Add stock, lentils, vegetables and balti paste, bring to a small boil for 15 minutes, until vegetables are soft.
Transfer to blender/food processor and blitz until smooth. Move back to the saucepan and heat until ready to serve.
- Don't have any curry paste? Try kidspot's balti paste from scratch!
- Korma curry paste also works well in this recipe.
- Serve with crusty bread or Naan bread.
- This recipe was created by Melissa Klemke for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.
Find related soup recipes
- Chicken noodle soup
- Curried lentil soup
- Curtis Stone's chorizo and chick pea soup
- Katie's chicken soup recipe
- Pick-me-up spicy lentil soup
- Pumpkin and cumin soup recipe
- Pumpkin soup
- Red lentil and pumpkin soup recipe