Chicken burger recipe
- 1kg chicken mince
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup carrot, grated
- Wholegrain rolls
- Tomatoes, sliced
- Good quality mayonaise
- Sweet chilli sauce
In a bowl, combine the chicken, onion, celery and carrot. Form into 12 patties and refrigerate for 1 hour.
Cook on the barbeque or in a oiled frying pan for 5 minutes each side.
Assemble the burgers on the buns in the following order. Lettuce, mayonaise, tomato, chicken patties and sweet chilli sauce.
- These chicken burgers are really quite healthy if you choose a fat -free mayonaise.
- If your patties are a little too moist you can add 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs to the mix before refrigerating.
- You can freeze any unused patties for later.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.
Find more chicken recipes:
- Amazing roast chicken
- Apricot chicken with parsley
- Asian chicken noodles
- Caramelized apple and cheese-stuffed chicken breasts
- Chicken fried rice
- Cheat's chicken biryani
- Chicken and cheese pasta bake
- Chicken and pumpkin risotto
- Chicken and sugar snap stir fry
- Chicken and vegetable pie
- Chicken bacon and mushroom fettucine
- Chicken balls
- Chicken risotto
- Chicken satay skewers
- Crispy chicken thighs with rosemary and potatoes
- Easy chicken casserole
- Easy Chinese lemon chicken