Jaffa muffins recipe
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa, sifted
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 250g milk chocolate, chopped
- 1 1/3 cups milk
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1/3 cream, thickened or pouring
- 250g milk chocolate
- 1/2 tsp orange essence
- 15-20 Jaffas
Preheat oven to 180°C.
Line a 12 cup muffin tray with patty pans or spray with canola oil to prevent sticking. Set aside.
In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cocoa and chopped chocolate.
In a jug, combine the milk, oil and beaten egg.
Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Using a spatula, fold until just combined.
Pour the mixture into the patty pans and bake for 12-15 minutes.
Cool on a wire rack.
In a small saucepan, heat the cream until it just boils. Remove from the heat.
Place the chocolate and the orange essence in the cream and whisk until all the chocolate is dissolved and you have a thick glossy mixture. Leave to cool for 10 minutes and spoon over the muffins.
Place a Jaffa on top of each muffin.
- These muffins are like giant Jaffas and are perfect for the chocolate-orange lover.
- If you don't want your muffins too chocolate-y you can substitute half of the milk chocolate for white chocolate to lighten the flavours.
- Be careful with the orange essence - a little goes a long way.
Related muffin recipes:
This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.