Microwave jacket potatoes recipe
- 1 large potato, scrubbed clean
Toppings of your choice such as:
- Sour cream and chives
- Baked beans and butter
- Bolognaise sauce and cheese
- Garlic and parmesan
Prick the potato all over with a large fork.
Place inside a paper bag and cook in the microwave on high for 5 minutes.
Turn bag over and cook for a further 5 minutes.
Remove from the microwave oven and leave to stand for 5 minutes.
Cut a large cross on the face of the potato and squeeze the base upwards.
Add toppings of your choice.
- The bag helps keep the heat around the potato.
- Microwave ovens vary in power so you may have to use some trial and error runs to see how long it will really take to cook the potato. For a smaller potato you may only need 3 minutes.
- If you don't have a paper bag a clean tea towel achieves the same outcome.
- You may run a rolling pin over the potato before removing it from the bag- this breaks up the inside of the potato.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.
Find more vegetarian recipes
- Baked ricotta
- Bubble and squeak
- Easy salsa
- Eggplant parmigana
- Goat's cheese and herbed polenta salad
- Hash browns
- Mary May's crunchy on toast
- Paris mashed potato
- Pumpkin, feta and chickpea salad
- Simple pumpkin soup