Pressure cooker lamb shanks with red wine recipe
- 4 lamb shanks
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 onions, peeled and sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 jar (700g) tomato passata
- 1/4 cup continental parsley, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 lemon, the rind grated
Roll the lamb shanks in the plain flour, salt and pepper to coat.
Heat the oil in the pressure cooker base and brown the shanks all over. Remove and set aside.
Place the onion and garlic into the same pot and fry for 2-3 minutes. Pour in the wine and cook off for 2 minutes. Add the passata and return the shanks to the pot.
Bring to the boil and place the lid on. Bring to pressure and reduce heat to maintain pressure.
Cook for 30 minutes.
In a small bowl, combine the parsley, garlic and lemon rind to make the gremolata.
Add a dollop of the gremolata on top of the shanks just before serving.
- These shanks are best served with a creamy Paris mash and some steamed green beans.
- You could add a few extra shanks to this recipe and still keep the same amount of sauce.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.