Easy tiramisu recipe
- 250ml strong coffee, cooled (for dipping)
- 2 tbsp Kahlua or Tia Maria or Marsala liqueur
- 250g marscapone cheese
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups cream, whipped
- 50 mls coffee, cooled (additional)
- 3 tbsp pure icing sugar, sifted
- 1 pkt (250g) Sponge finger biscuits (also called Savoiardi)
- 100g dark chocolate
In a shallow dish, mix together the liqueur and 250mls of coffee and set aside.
Using a mixer, combine the marscapone cheese, vanilla, 50mls of coffee and icing sugar until light and fluffy. Fold in the whipped cream.
Using a small dish (5-6 cup capacity) dip half of the biscuits into the coffee mixture and lay onto the bottom of your dish.
Pour half of the marscapone/cream mixture over the top and spread to cover.
Dip the rest of the biscuits in the coffee mixture and layer on top of the marscapone mixture.
Top with the remaining marscapone mixture.
Grate the dark chocolate over the top. Refrigerate for 6 hrs or preferably overnight.
- If you don't want to use the liqueur you may just replace this with the equivalent amount of cooled coffee. Fresh orange juice is another thing you can use in place of the liqueur.
- You can make this into individual serves using a small glass or bowl. This quantity will make 4-6 serves depending on the size of the dish.
- I like to freeze the chocolate so it is easy to grate and doesn't immediately melt in your hands.
- This recipe makes 6 servings. If you are making it to feed a crowd, you can use a large baking dish and triple the ingredients and it will make around 20 serves.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, New Zealand's best recipe finder.
Find more cold dessert recipes
- Cheat’s pavlova
- Caramel filling
- Chocolate bar icecream cake
- Chocolate mousse
- Creamy mango icecream
- Fruit with lemon syrup
- Lemon curd tarts